World’s history contain many dark secrets, unseen horrors and mysterious treasures in itself and these are often guarded by the strongest locks that protects them.
Today we’re gonna show you some of these antique locks from world’s history that will make you wonder, whether the lock was important or the thing behind it.
1. Horse shaped padlock, from India, around 18th or 19th century.
2. A fish shaped lock from China, which was made during Qing Dynasty.
3. This one is Iron Padlock from Nüremberg, during 16th century.
4. Lock made for the wooden sacristy door for the church of Biertan, Romania, 1524.
5. Iron lock, which was molded and engraved perfectly, Paolo Acquadro, Turin, Italy, 1854.
6. Lock containing ornamental grotesques & scrolls by N. Du Feyis, France, 1630.
7. This is a “Detector” lock by John Wilkes, 1680.
8. A lock having four turning bolts, made by John Wilkes, late 17th century.
9. By GS, Unknown master, Germany, in 1610.
10. Padlock, made in Germany, around 17th century.
11. Werewolf story padlock.
12. Door lock from Germany, around early 17th century.
13. A Chamber lock by John Wilkes, in England, 1695.